Thank you for being a part of TheExchange.aacsb.edu. We welcome discussion and dialogue, believing that the goal of this social networking community is the sharing of knowledge and information. Individuals are encouraged to discuss issues and trends within Discussion Forums on TheExchange.aacsb.edu. To ensure the best possible experience for all AACSB members, we have established some basic guidelines, which cover basic etiquette and govern participation within TheExchange.aacsb.edu.
By joining TheExchange.aacsb.edu and using these Discussion Forums, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for all peer groups. You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the medium. This is a great resource with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions about AACSB Exchange should be directed to our Member Services department.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, AACSB Exchange reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate these guidelines.
- Do not post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Do not pretend to be someone else.
- Do not give out personal information about another individual.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a Discussion Forum message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- Remember that AACSB Exchange and other e-mail list participants have the right to reproduce postings to TheExchange.aacsb.edu.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate list(s). Do not spam several lists with the same message.
All messages must add to the body of knowledge. TheExchange.aacsb.edu reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Forum Etiquette
- Discussion within each community on TheExchange.aacsb.edu is professional. Common courtesy is expected.
- Treat all members of the community equally, irrespective of nationality, gender, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Discussions should not include any matter that might be considered harassing, libelous, or use phrases or words that may be construed as disparaging.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the Discussion Forum. Instead, use the Web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
All advertising and commercial solicitation is prohibited. This includes discussions about the following with the intent to financially benefit: job opportunities, (AACSB’s BizSchoolJobs is available for management education job postings: http://BizSchoolJobs.aacsb.edu); books; workshops; conferences; Web-based services; email or online polls and/or focus groups; and products/services.
General discussions about professional resources are welcome within AACSB Exchange Discussion Forums; however, AACSB International is not responsible for statements made by subscribers to any of the communities as to the legitimacy of any business or vendor.
TheExchange.aacsb.edu should not be used to address others regarding commercial, religious, or political causes.
The Legal Stuff
Discussion Forums are provided as a service of TheExchange.aacsb.edu for Association Leadership. TheExchange.aacsb.edu is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. TheExchange.aacsb.edu disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by TheExchange.aacsb.edu or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall TheExchange.aacsb.edu be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants TheExchange.aacsb.edu and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
TheExchange.aacsb.edu does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to our attention, we will take all appropriate action.
We embrace full and open communication and recognize the unique opportunity for expression in online environments. These guidelines are not intended to address what ideas can be expressed, but rather the tone with which communications take place. TheExchange.aacsb.edu reserves the right to remove postings that violate the terms listed above, or that violate the spirit of respectful communication.